Finishing of profile aluminum heat sink
time：2021-05-23 11:15 author：Heat sink design click：
Profile aluminum heat sink is made of aluminum profile through precision machining, which requires high CNC machining technology. Especially in mass production, ensure that all dimensions meet the requirements of the design drawings. The following describes the profile production process of the aluminum heat sink and the finishing process of the heat sink.
The raw material of the aluminum heat sink is aluminum. Casting is the first process in the production of aluminum profiles, and its main processes are:
(1) Aluminum ingredients: According to the requirements of the specific alloy models produced, calculate the proportions of different alloy components and match the quantities of various raw materials. Commonly used models are 6061, 6063, etc.
(2) Aluminum smelting: The prepared raw materials are melted in the melting furnace according to the process requirements, and the slag and gas in the melt are effectively removed by degassing and slagging refining methods.
(3) Aluminum casting: The molten aluminum passes through the deep well casting system under certain casting process conditions. Cooling casting forms round casting rods of various specifications.
Standard aluminum is produced through the above production process, and the aluminum material is processed into aluminum profile, which needs to be processed again. This process is called extrusion, and extrusion is the process of profile forming. First, design and manufacture a mold according to the cross-sectional drawing of the profile, and use an extruder to extrude the heated round cast rod from the mold. Thus formed the raw material aluminum profile for the finishing of the profile aluminum heat sink.
After finishing the aluminum profile heat sink, the necessary surface treatment can also be carried out. For example, color and oxidation: the processed aluminum heat sink has poor surface corrosion resistance, and can be surface treated by anodizing to increase the corrosion resistance, wear resistance and appearance of the aluminum. However, adding this process will increase the cost of the product.
Operation process of anodizing aluminum heat sink:
(1) Surface pretreatment of profile aluminum heat sink: Use chemical or physical methods to clean the surface of the aluminum heat sink to ensure the smoothness of the surface and better obtain a complete and dense oxide film. In addition to cleaning, a mirror or matte (matt) surface can also be obtained by mechanical means. The surface pretreatment has a beneficial effect on the oxidation effect.
(2) Treatment of anodic oxidation process: The profiled aluminum heat sink that has passed the surface pretreatment is treated by anodizing process, and the surface is anodized to form a dense, porous, and strong adsorption AL203 film.
(3) Sealing process of anodic oxidation: The pores of the porous oxide film formed after anodic oxidation are closed to enhance the anti-pollution, corrosion resistance and wear resistance of the oxide film. The oxide film is colorless and transparent. Utilizing the strong adsorption of the oxide film before sealing, some metal salts can be adsorbed and deposited in the film holes, which can make the appearance of the aluminum radiator show many colors other than the natural color (silver white). Such as: black, bronze, golden and stainless steel, etc., generally black is formed, and the need to form other colors will increase the process and the cost will increase accordingly.