Electronic heat sinks are usually heat sinks for heat dissipation of high-power electronic components. No external power supply, natural cooling, most of them are made of aluminum alloy profiles. Cut into the required size according to the size of the components, such as the heat sink of a high-power switch tube or a triode. Of course, under special circumstances, super-powered electronic components also have fans with heat sinks. For example, the switch tube of the switching power supply must be equipped with a cooling fan.
Surface quality requirements of electronic heat sinks
1. There should be no shrinkage, corrosion, cracks and other defects on the surface of the heat sink;
2. The metal fasteners of the flat heat sink (press plate, gland, disc spring) and the conductive sheet of the water-cooled heat sink should be protected by electroplating;
3. The maximum allowable value of the surface roughness Ra of the radiator table is 3.2m;
4. The flatness of the table top of the radiator is not less than level 9;
5. For heat sinks (including heat sinks, fasteners and insulating parts) used for power semiconductor devices in humid tropical zones, the surface should be protected. Its resistance to humidity, salt spray and mold should meet the corresponding tropical power semiconductor device standards;
6. The special fasteners and insulating parts for the radiator should comply with GBB446.3 (the radiator insulating parts and fasteners should be used for power semiconductor devices"
7. The tightening torque or tightening pressure of the radiator and power semiconductor installation should meet the relevant regulations of the device product standard;
8. The installation center positioning pin size of the flat radiator table: 2.5mm in diameter, 1mm higher than the table
Standards for electronic heat sinks
1. The quality of the material (purity, thickness, machining accuracy, etc.) and manufacturing process (cracks, shrinkage holes, etc. caused by casting), inferior materials and rough and defective processes will directly affect the thermal conductivity of the radiator;
2. The surface roughness and flatness of the electronic heat sink contacting the mesa directly affect the contact thermal resistance and pressure drop;
3. Disc springs for electronic heat sinks should ensure that the free height should be stable after being flattened for 24 hours. Otherwise, the spring may fail after using for a period of time, which will result in poor contact between the heat sink and the die.
Types of electronic heat sinks
1. According to the processing method: there are insert fin heat sink, profile heat sink (extruded material), insert heat sink, cast heat sink, etc.
2. According to the cooling method: natural cooling fins, air cooling fins, liquid cooling fins (water cooling fins, oil cooling fins), cold plate fins, heat pipe fins, etc.
3. According to professional use: heat dissipation calculation of power devices and selection of heat sinks. Electronic products with electronic heat sinks mainly use SMD packagers. However, high-power devices and some power modules still have many perforated packages, which can be easily installed on the heat sink for easy heat dissipation.
4. According to the materials used: aluminum heat sink, copper heat sink and steel heat sink.
5. According to the power used: there are low-power heat sinks, medium-power heat sinks, and high-power heat sinks.
6. According to the characteristics of the heat sink.
The main function of electronic heat sink
The heat sink is a device for dissipating heat from electronic components that are easy to heat in electrical appliances. It is mostly made of aluminum alloy, brass or bronze in plate, sheet, or multiple sheet shapes.